Friday, July 1, 2011

Back in BLACK! Well.....Eh....

 YES!  I am sweating! A LOT.  More than I have in a long time.  At one point, I was dripping, it feels SO GREAT!  
For the first time in a long time, tonight, I RAN.  Well, not 'really' ran, but on an elliptical trainer.  I am a bit 'larger' than my knees would like to be hitting the pavement just yet.  However, I still broke a nice sweat and managed 2.5 miles - in forty minutes, lol!  No worries, I won't be having this same conversation (nor will I have that same 'look' from behind - see photo, sigh) in 2 months.
I am going to do it, I am posting the photo(s) that motivated me to get my ass on that elliptical machine tonight at almost midnight, as my plan was to 'forego' my workout tonight. 

Out of curiosity, I decided to check myself out in photo booth.  As it turns out, it was a GREAT idea.  A hell of a shock, but a great idea.  WOW, I can honestly say I am in the 'least' shape I have ever been in.  Yes, yes, I 'just had a baby' - almost 6 months ago.  Yes, yes, I have dropped 45 pounds in those 6 months, but I GAINED 83, so I have a ways to go.  
Considering I haven't changed my eating until recently, I can easily shed the remaining 25 in the next couple of months, as a lot of it is probably just 'junk' hanging out in my intestines.  The rest is GOING TO GET WORKED!
Running has done for me what P90X has yet to do, which was get me sweating 'balls' in very little time.  With the P90X, the tape is sooo long (60 minutes on most, yoga 1.5 hours), that I tend to 'take it easy' or let myself off easy with it.  And the music is lame-o.  On that elliptical, I put on my ipod, my super sexy sony headphones and JAM ON IT to the music of my choice, which is super inspiring and keeps me at a good clip - as good as a fat kid can get, lol.
Please take me the right way, I can see how it may appear I am being hard on myself, yet, I know what it looks and feels like to be in fantastic shape and it feels a lot different than this!  I may have a different relationship with my body than a lot of people.  I know some people feel better when they are more relaxed about what they eat and drink and how much they exercise - or don't exercise.  Personally, I decided today that that isn't the kind of attitude that works for me.  I am an intense MF and now that I've got that taste for running again, it won't take long before my body follows suit.  At 30, I see myself getting into the best shape of my life this year.  
To celebrate this, I am making myself a raw Lemon Poppyseed Cake for my 'b-lated birthday'.  The plan was to make it on my birthday, BUuuut, my Irish Moss had yet to make it here.  
I am also going 100% raw until August 1st.  No IFS ANDS OR BUTS. No freakin coffee, bites here, nibbles there, etc.  100%.  If I am unsatisfied with my results, ok!  I will happily go back to my willy nilly diet and fit in with all of my friends and feel all comfortable and squishy.  To be honest, a lot of the reason I am eating the way I am eating now is to relate with people and I hope that comes across correctly, as I am fully responsible for that choice.  
However, the time is now to stop sacrificing long term results for short-term 'gains', if that is what I can call them....A friend of mine told me the cutest story today about a cookie and a question from a lil old lady and it was so funny.  I won't elaborate on it, other than to say that I wanted to be like her.  I am not her, though and I love being fit and feeling great about my body.  Can I do that the way it is?  SURE!  I do feel great about my body the way it is, and I also know what it feels like to feel my body sing as I run that last 1/4 mile at top speed just for the hell of it, thighs screaming, stretching four feet in front of me gracefully as I cross the finish line.  I know what it feels like to watch myself work out in the mirror and be proud of what I see!
It isn't that I'm not proud of my body right now, it just isn't optimal for me.  There is no way in hell I could ever do a pull-up. Is that REALLY necessary?  No.  But neither is knowing how to bake a macaroon.  Yet, some of us know!  You get me?  We are all different, and I am most centered when I can get up off of the floor without using my hands and making a bunch of groaning noises.  I am most centered when I put on a size 7.  That's what floats my boat and I am the captain of this ship.  So, I am lifting my sails and setting my course by the stars.
Thanks for tuning in, perhaps I will make a video of that cake making. It's a long process, though, but the finished product is well worth the investment.  Just like a nicely sculpted body.  Like the one pictured to the left, before I was pregnant - yeah!  Who WOULDN'T want to get back to that?  It looks like two different people, not for long!

No comments:

Post a Comment