Sunday, December 4, 2011

By Request....Recipe for THA MOTHA (a pretty rawkin Asian-Style salad)

I have had a few requests for the recipe for my fave dish, "The Motha"...

I'll put up a youtube demo for it eventually, but here's a pretty good description of it:

"Tha Motha"...

It's a combination of salt n peppered cabbage underneath a mixture of greens, topped with a dollop of almond butter, a splash of apple cider vinegar and then sundried tomato infused olive oil (sundried tomatoes too). I add crunchy bean sprouts, and broccoli slaw (shredded broccoli stalks and matchstick/julienned carrots; you can usually find a bagged organic version at the store which will save you A LOT of prep time) then I'll mix all of it together by hand, making sure to get the almond butter evenly distributed. Then, I'll cut up broccoli florets and mix it again, then add a chopped avocado and lightly mix one more time.

I'll make a huge one and just take parts of it out at a time and add more cabbage and greens to it so that it lasts for a few days, sometimes longer.

It's a great salad, as it dresses itself, most of my salads do. Dressings, to me, are a friggin pain in the butt.

Haha, I like my salads like my men.

BANGIN. and self-dressed. STYLIN. and tasting as good as they smell.

TTFN cutie pies....

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment