Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Goodbye Motivation, Hello Inspiration....

Morning One without coffee and I am present to so many things:

Peppermint Tea is wonderful and delicious.  It also makes my tummy feel a lot better than coffee.  It is soothing.  I'll admit, there is a part of me that enjoys that burning sensation in my gut when I drink coffee, somehow, it's motivating.  But, I am shifting toward inspiration and away from motivation.  There is a distinct difference between the two and I am really getting into touch with that.

I never would have thought that having coffee each morning was staving off so many feelings.  Feelings that I am now 'feeling'.  Like, sadness, fear, overwhelment.  This morning, I have cried.  Things that I felt were so laid out and set in stone seemingly have become temporarily disrupted and although I am aware of the 'temporariness' of it, I still feel defeated and lost.  I saw a beautiful video this morning and it and blew my heart wide open, I loved it.

Had I had that cup of coffee this morning, I would not have acknowledged these feelings, I would have just powered on through them and put myself in a state of frenzy and distraction with emails, work, working out, etc.

Mind you, there lies an undercurrent of happiness and contentment which is always present in my life anymore, the difference now is that I am not afraid to acknowledge the fear and sadness when it comes up.  I also do my best not to cover it up with anger.  I just FEEL IT.  I am grateful I have the time and space to tend to these things in my heart, I am very blessed with that.

Today, I have a Christmas wish and that wish is for eternal warmth in my heart and the ability to spread kindness to everyone and everything in my path; what an amazing gift that would be.

I am present also to humility.  To acknowledging that I can't force things into being, that things take time and nourishing and patience and love.  This is all things.

Today is a yoga day and for this I am grateful, as I don't feel like going to the gym.  It is also a stay home all day day.  A nourish my soul day.  A rest day.

I have a tension headache - probably from a lack of coffee - a headache I am happy to have, as it means that my body is detoxifying and I am getting out of the way.  I have noticed a huge change in my appearance already, which tells me wonderful things are happening on the inside.  Within hours of drinking a carrot/jalapeno juice (now that was a kick in the pants), the redness under my skin had disappeared.  A while later, after having a green juice, I could feel my joints in my body differently.  I am able to notice these things and am so appreciative to be able to tune in and take notice of the benefits and healing power of putting good things in my body - and keeping not so good things out.

This morning, upon waking, there was no puffiness in my face or under my eyes.  I feel a sense of clarity, of impending awe.  For this, I am truly grateful.  The path to enlightenment isn't always easy, but it is a wonderful journey that I am so happy to have begun.

Until next time,

Love,
Andrea

3 comments:

  1. Great job Andrea :) I too usually ignore the unhappy feelings coffee gives me - I have several lovely teas lying around - I should have one of those instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for being so honest about your emotional journey. You are doing amazing lady! I LOVE, LOVE hearing where you're at and your perspective on life! I agree with Shanna, You Are Amazing! :) <3

    ReplyDelete