Thursday, June 16, 2011

I AM GENTLE - Citrus and Garlic Dressing - via Cafe Gratitude

I am trying this dressing on, to see how it tastes.  I chose it for it's short list of ingredients, approachability and simplicity.  I feel it will help anyone get a grasp on 'flavor balancing'.  This dressing can be found in "I AM GRATEFUL", Cafe Gratitude's recipe book.  Find it on amazon.com or cafegratitude.com

I AM INTENTIONAL
Citrus Garlic Dressing
Makes 1 1/2 C

1 C olive oil
1/4 C lemon juice (typically 1 lemon from my experience)
1/4 C orange juice
2 t chopped garlic
1 t salt
zest of 1/3 orange*

*Be sure to use only the zest (the colored part of the rind).  Otherwise, you will impart a bitter taste to your dressing.   You may want to also add a little of your favorite sweetener to this dressing if you like dressings on the sweeter side.

Place all ingredients in the carafe of your blender.  Blend well until all of the ingredients are emulsified.  Taste the dressing for flavor.

END NOTE:  After making this dressing, I found that it still tasted heavily like olive oil.  I added another 1/4 C of orange juice + 1 T dijon dressing and found it delightful.  I am also on a mustard kick right now!

Pair this dressing with your favorite greens (I really like baby spring mix with a splash of arugula, or plain ol baby spinach!)  and a scoop of your favorite nut cheese or pate for a yummy, satisfying lunch creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment