Thursday, June 16, 2011

Easy Breakfast Smoothie with Bananas, Apple Juice, Orange Juice and Spinach

Dare I do it?  Greens in a SMOOTHIE! Ew, right!?!  Actually, aside from the color, they are virtually undetectable in this simple, delicious smoothie creation.  I chose spinach for the greens in this recipe because I can buy them in a GIANT container in 1# quantity for about 6 bucks.  I buy two at a time, alternating between spinach and baby spring mix to keep my belly surprised and satisfied.

Yield:  About 2 cups

1 C apple juice
1 C orange juice
1 banana
handful of spinach

Place all ingredients in your blender (juices first, followed by banana, then spinach on top).  Blend until smooth!  Ice can be added if you like a frothy treat!

Alterations:

As a transitional recipe, this is fantastic because "Simply Juice" juices are pressed and squeezed and taste as close to fresh squeezed juice as I have found.  They are pastuerized, but if you're transitioning like me, or just want something to prepare a little more quickly in the morning, these juices could really work for you.
Omit the greens if they are too much for your belly.
It is also possible to 'cut' each juice in half and supplement with water if the sugar is too much for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment