Sunday, June 19, 2011

Fruit Punch Smoothie(s)

1 C apple juice
1 C orange juice
2 peaches
1/2 pint blueberries
handful of spinach

A variation of this smoothie is to take out the peaches and instead, use a banana.

I would like to share how this smoothie came about, because I understand that the idea of making a smoothie EVERY morning can sound like a lot of work.  However, I find it just as quick, if not more quick, than making a pot of coffee.  And hey, sometimes, if I'm having company, I end up doing both!

On my counter, I keep a bowl of fruit.  I add to it every few days something I find at the store that is on sale.  Sometimes, it's grapes, sometimes peaches, plums, etc - whatever is in season.  As the days press on, some of that fruit doesn't get eaten and starts to look a little 'lonely' and ready to toss.  That is the PERFECT time to add that fruit to a smoothie!  My peaches were a little wrinkly but smelled SO SWEET!  I knew that if I ate them, it wouldn't be the most pleasant experience, but goodness, they were such a great addition to my smoothie.  

Moral of the story here, I don't go out of my way to make sure I have smoothie ingredients on hand.  I use what is available.  A lot of my smoothies end up being less exotic than many I have seen, but they are also more consistent, easier on the budget - both time and money, and I still really enjoy the process of making them after all of this time.

Love,
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment